When I started this blog, I did almost everything wrong. It took me months of reading whatever blog posts I could find, listening to hours of podcasts, and lots of really awful blog posts to figure out how to do it right.
So many times I wished there was one comprehensive resource that walked step by step through how to start a profitable blog. I would have saved so much time and energy, and I would have started making money so much faster.
Instead? I now spend a few hours each week updating old posts to look decent because I didn’t do them right the first time.
Thankfully, if you’re interested in starting a blog and making money from it, you don’t have to go it alone.
Blog By Numbers
I received this book for free, but I was not required to write this review. The links in this post are affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are completely my own.
What is Blog By Numbers?
Blog By Numbers is a comprehensive eBook written by Suzi from Start a Mom Blog. Remember when you were a kid and they had the paint by numbers? You followed the directions exactly and at the end, you had a masterpiece! This is the exact premise behind Blog By Numbers.
Suzi is a personal friend of mine, and we often chat about how to fit everything in with all that comes with being a busy mama. There’s posts to write, photos to edit, and social media posts that need to be scheduled. But it’s all too easy to lose track of time searching on Pinterest for “inspiration” or hanging out in Facebook groups and calling it “networking”.
This book is filled with actionable steps so that you don’t get stuck in research mode. Just like the paint by number, you will read a bit of information (and see tons of real-life examples) and you can immediately implement that information on your own blog.
We’re not about fluff, and we’re definitely not about wasting a busy mama’s precious time.
What Comes in Blog By Numbers?
This book will take you step by step through
- Starting a blog (from hosting, to picking your niche, to setting your initial goals)
- Designing your blog (picking the perfect theme for you and selecting a color pallete)
- Brainstorming and writing posts (including 25 types of blog posts, example blog post headlines, and a blog post template)
- Creating pinnable images (with loads of examples and made-for-you pin templates!)
- Getting traffic (the two simplest ways to grow your traffic simplified and organized for you)
- Making money (she covers the basics of making money with your blog because isn’t that the ultimate goal!?)
- Time saving tips (friends, this is the mama who wrote an entire eBook in one month while taking care of her two little ones. I need all the time saving tips she’s got!)
- Plus, an entire workbook of done-for-you spreadsheets from the spreadsheet queen herself.
Seriously, this eBook is jam-packed with value. There’s tons of great content, real-world examples, and done-for-you templates, so starting and growing your blog will become worlds easier.
My Thoughts on Blog By Numbers
I will start this by saying, I’m actually not Suzi’s target audience for Blog By Numbers. I’ve been blogging nearly two years, and this book was really designed to hold the hand of beginners.
With that said, I learned a ton from this book, and I still refer back to it often. I would be 100% happy purchasing this only for access to the extra workbook.
I’ve used it to complete a vision board for This Outnumbered Mama, track my goals for the site, and organize my affiliate links. I’m also *trying* to use the scheduler to get myself into more of a routine. (Seriously, guys, I’m all over the place. I neeeeed to get that part handled!)
Aside from that, I feel like if I had this book from the beginning of my blog, I wouldn’t have wasted so much time fumbling around trying to figure out how to blog. I would have understood Pinterest images and group boards, and I wouldn’t be spending hours going through and updating terrible, horizontal, ugly images.
Bottom line? If you’re thinking about starting a blog, or you want to take your blog to the next level so you can turn it into a real “job”, you’ll want to grab a copy of Suzi’s book Blog By Number here.
If you loved this post, you might also enjoy..
Latest posts by Kaylene (see all)
- 5 Fun Ways to Answer Annoying Breastfeeding Questions - April 24, 2017
- The Best Online Reading Program for Screen-Addicted Kiddos - April 19, 2017
- The Real Reason We All Read Mom Blogs - April 19, 2017