The Outnumbered Mama Behind the Blog!
Hey friends! I am so glad that you’re here in my humble little corner of the internet. I hope that you enjoy reading the blog, and leave feeling inspired, encouraged, and a little less lonely in this crazy journey of motherhood!
If you don’t know already, I’m Kaylene, a homeschooling, work at home mom of 3 (almost 4) kiddos, two of which have special needs. I am completely outnumbered at my house, and I write here to offer tips, tricks, and encouragement to mama’s out there in a similar season of life! When I first became a stay at home mom, and my kids were first diagnosed with special needs, and I started homeschooling, life was completely overwhelming. I held onto the words of my favorite bloggers to get my through the major transitions and to feel like I wasn’t so alone. That’s why I started blogging, so that you will know that whatever’s going on in your life, you’re not alone either!
The Family Behind the Blog
This is my little (or not so little!) family.
On my lap we have Baby M, my spunky 2 year old who is ready to take on the whole world! He has a global developmental delay and severe sensory processing disorder. He’s been in various therapies for the last six months or so, and is making huge improvements already!
Right next to me we have Mr. C, my 5 year old who is much too smart for his own good! We started homeschooling because Mr. C was starting to read so early. He’s currently completing second grade curriculum at 5 years old, so we’ll be continuing to homeschool at least through the elementary grades.
Next to him is A-Man, my firecracker 4 year old. He has sensory processing disorder, dyspraxia, an expressive language delay, and autism. He’s been in therapy for just over a year, and we are starting various preschool activities with him. He will also be homeschooled for the foreseeable future, since he learns best in a one-on-one environment.
And finally we’ve arrived at Chris, my husband. Mr. C and A-Man were born during my previous marriage, but Chris has stepped into our family perfectly, and we’re all blessed to have him as Daddy to all three boys. He works full time so that I can stay home with the kiddos (to homeschool and get them to and from therapies) and he is fully supportive of my various work at home adventures.
What You’ll Find Here
On this blog you definitely won’t find many recipes, since I don’t cook, and you also won’t find many crafts, as I’m definitely not a Pinterest Mom. However, you will find regular posts about homeschooling, parenting, special needs, and working from home.
I’m still finding my way through all of these journeys, so while there will be plenty of tips and tricks for you, there will also be honest posts about how overwhelming life gets. I pinky promise that you’ll see a whole lot of real life, not picture perfect, moments captured in these blog posts.
This is a place for mama’s who are heating their cup of coffee in the microwave for the third time, hoping they may get to sip some of it while it’s hot. The ones who have beautiful homeschool lesson plans that have completely derailed by the second week of school, and the ones who might even *gasp* let their kiddos watch Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood and feel no guilt about it! You’re welcome here, Mama!
Random Tidbits About Me
Just for fun, I thought I’d throw in ten random things so you can really know the mama behind the blog!
- I regularly say that I have no time to read anymore, yet I read easily 100 blog posts a week.
- I once burned cheerios. Like, set them on fire. Reason number 247 why I don’t cook.
- I will graduate this year with my BS in Marketing Management.
- When I was little, I could pronounce very difficult words, but I consistently said my favorite color was “lello”.
- As much as I want to be one of “those ladies” I really hate tea.
- I got married and had Mr. C at 16, and had A-Man just before my 18th birthday.
- I am a coffee addict, but I still can’t handle the taste of drip coffee. Espressos for me!
- I’ve rented houses my entire life, and the longest I’ve lived in any house (that I remember) is 3 years.
- I am more than a tiny bit obsessed with Grey’s Anatomy, and I regularly refer to my best friend as “my person”.
- I performed any chance I got when I was younger. Singing, acting, cheering, dancing, you name it!