When you have a baby, of course their safety is your top priority. That’s why moms spend hours baby proofing their house. If you’re just starting the baby proofing journey, then be sure to take a look at these baby proofing hacks that every mom should know!
5 Baby Proofing Hacks Every Mom Should Know
This post was sponsored by the Window Covering Safety Council as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own
- Baby Gates Everywhere – You will need more baby gates than you’ve ever thought you would ever need. Obviously you need some at the top and bottom of stairs, but it’s also a good idea to have some in the doorways to the kitchen and bathrooms too!
- Locks on Dangerous Cabinets – You are going to want to get cabinet locks for any cabinets that you won’t want your baby to get into. For us that’s pretty much every cabinet in the bathroom and the kitchen, and also a few in the living room!
- Safe Window Coverings – With all of the babyproofing going on it can be easy to skip over safe window coverings, but they are so important! Corded window coverings can easily get babies all tangled up, and it can be really dangerous. Always check for loose or dangling cords since they’re a serious strangulation hazard for little ones!
- Put All Small Toys High Up – If you have older kids like I do, your house is probably overflowing with Legos and Barbie shoes. Make sure you teach your kids to pick up every single tiny toy every time they play to keep your baby from getting their hands on something and choking!
- Use Doorstops to Protect Baby’s Fingers – I don’t know what it is about doors opening and closing, but it has fascinated all of my babies. Unfortunately, it can easily get their fingers squished in the door, and that’s no fun for anyone! Grab some door stoppers to keep your little ones’ fingers safe!
Of all of these baby proofing hacks, the window coverings is arguably the most often overlooked. Thankfully October was National Window Covering Safety Month, so we can all be reminded to take a few moments to check our window coverings! In homes with young children, it’s best to install cordless window coverings, or those without accessible cords. Oh, and to help parents make this important safety decision, all cordless window coverings are marked with a Best for Kids™ certification label! You can find window coverings with this label in major retailers across the country! You can also find more information below..
If you loved this post, you might also enjoy…
Latest posts by Kaylene (see all)
- 5 Fun Ways to Answer Annoying Breastfeeding Questions - April 24, 2017
- The Best Online Reading Program for Screen-Addicted Kiddos - April 19, 2017
- The Real Reason We All Read Mom Blogs - April 19, 2017